Punjab Medical Faculty (PMF), established in 1916, is an autonomous body which functions through an 11 members’ Governing Body. It strives for maximizing the professional competence of allied health professionals by ensuring their quality education that is in line with the contemporary needs and latest scientific advancements.
The primary functions of PMF are designing curricula for diploma level education and conduction of examinations for such courses. It also affiliates institutions in government and private sectors which deal with education of allied health sciences and regulates their performance.
- To prescribe courses of study and curricula.
- To recognize institutions for imparting instructions and providing training in allied health sciences.
- To prescribe standards of qualifications and eligibility for admission in the affiliated institutions.
- To prescribe the standard, eligibility and procedure for holding examinations.
- To provide for conducting and arrangement of examinations and for preparation, approval, announcement and publication of results of such examinations.
- To award certificates and diplomas to candidates declared successful in examination.